Golf Statistics Program, DOS-version
The complete Tour statistics program.
To have a look at the program I will show you some pictures:
The courses you play has to be recorded into the program ones in a database.
You record the pars, hcps, lengths and course ratings, sss and so on:
You and your friends have to be registered in the database.
(Phonelists for calling after a partner can of course be obtained)
Now you can start to record your rounds of Golf into the program.
- Date is essential to keep track of your round.
- Select course. (from course database)
- Which competition. (from the competition database)
- Your exact handicap. (from the course rating your strokes is calculated, you can of course put in your strokes manually)
- You entered the score as: 546435434 (it expands...)
- If you counted: Putts, Green hits and Fairway hits on Par 4's and 5's. (This adds up to nice statistics...)
- Some notes... (Greenfee, Mates, ...)
You decide to calculate a competition with the program.
You define a competition.
As I defined it, a competition is a 1 round event.
A competition with many rounds is as I defined it a Tour.
This competition can (after you played and filled in the rounds) be summed and the results can be presented.
You want to play a >1 round event with your mates.
This was the origin of the program, to keep track of a Tour event with your friends.
Check out the Classic Golf Tour
statistics on the Web.
Define your tour as a collection of competitions.
Decide how to sum the total points. As we did it with a place-points function Pts(p) for example.
Click and see the result...
Press on the link below to download a GOLFST14.ZIP (274213 bytes)
- Create a directory, (MD C:\GOLFST)
- Copy all the files to this directory, (PKUNZIP GOLFST14)
- Start GOLFST.EXE from DOS
From a Windows window
- Edit the GOLFST.PIF to point to your directory (C:\GOLFST)
- There is a iconfile GOLFST.ICO to use
- Start the GOLFST.PIF from Windows
- Set Video 43/50 lines in GOLFST